Friday, May 31, 2013

Strawberry picking!

Strawberry picking is something that my girls look forward to each year. The week before the baby came, Karis started asking when we would go.  I was a little worried that we would not be able to fit it in this year since I would be recovering from the birth, but I knew she really wanted to go.  So we decided to go on Memorial Day when I had my folks here to help us.  We got tons of delicious strawberries and froze a bunch for smoothies and made strawberry bread and ate ridiculous amounts and gave some to friends.  So glad we were able to go!


Abbi had a hard time pulling those berries off so she and Daddy had a nice arrangement:  He would pick them and hand them to her and she would put them in the bucket :)

This little rascal did not really want to work hard to fill up a bucket -- she just wanted to eat!

Susanna and I mainly watched and took pictures (and slept):


Don't let her bucket fool you!  She stole all those from Papa Eric!

Now Karlie was actually a very hard worker and searched carefully for the perfect berries:


Once again taking a break to eat a few...

No comments: