Friday, May 17, 2013

iron, baby names, and more

Our friend Jon drove up from NC to visit with us!  The girls were so excited and we were, too!  

Our kitty was a little too excited about the pack-n-play bassinet that we set up for the baby.  Good thing I had covered up the sheets.  I'm going to have to watch out for him!


Good news!!!! My iron level came back at 10.4!  That was totally amazing because it only went up one point in the 1st two weeks, but in one week it went up a whole point more!  I attribute it completely to the dessicated liver pills, because they were the only thing I added in addition to my Floradix.  I started taking 3 capsules 3 times a day and I really think it made a difference.  So now I am free to go to my midwife at the birth center!  I am so happy!

Baby names:  we don't have them yet!  It is crazy to think that this baby could come at any time and not have a name.  I have middle names picked out (if they end up going well with the first name we choose.)  Daniel if it is a boy (after Daddy) or Elizabeth if it is a girl (after Nina).  We actually have a couple of boy names that we like but haven't decided completely yet.  And we have no girl names that we can agree upon.  So I guess we will just have to wait til baby comes and we see what he/ she looks like.

Which brings me to the fact that the end of this pregnancy is totally different from my others. I've been having tons of Braxton Hicks for 3 months now and I never had a single one with my other pregnancies.  And with all 3 of my girls, early labor signs meant active labor within 24 hours. (With Karis my water broke and started contractions, with Karlie, I woke up sick and my body cleansing itself for labor and went that night, and with Abbi, my body cleansed itself one afternoon, I had a great sleep, and woke up the next morning in serious labor.) With this crazy baby, I've been having labor signs since Tuesday and it hasn't truly gotten underway yet!  I previously didn't even really consider the fact that I might go into labor before next week, but then after Tuesday night and Wednesday, I thought for sure this baby was coming early.  And now I have no idea.  I really wonder if my own stress and fear might have stopped labor... on Tuesday night when things were really happening, I had not yet found out that my iron was high enough and was utterly determined not to go to the hospital.  I prayed all night long that labor would stop until I was cleared for the birth center.  And finally by Wednesday night, it had really subsided.  Then Thursday night I started having a few strong contractions again, but really did not want to go into labor without my Mom (she had just traveled to NC for my brother's graduation).  I started praying again for labor to stop and it really did.  I know God has a perfect timing for this baby and I can't wait to find out when it is!  This waiting game is tough but exciting :)

1 comment:

Claire said...

What exciting times! Thinking of you at this special time!