Thursday, February 28, 2013

My Reading List...

I love to read and now that my little ones are all pretty much settled and sleeping well I find that I am actually having time to do a little more of it!  I thought I'd share a few books that I've enjoyed lately and are planning to read:
February:
Desperate: Hope For The Mom Who Needs to Breathe by Sarah Me and Sally Clarkson -- I'm discussing this book weekly with an awesome group of ladies and it has been so encouraging!  It is so great to hear from other Moms who have been right where I am!

Staying in Love: Falling in Love is Easy; Staying in Love Requires a Plan by Andy Stanley -- I have to admit I'm only reading the participant's guide for this one because I'm watching the instructional video with another great group of Moms every week.  But I have really enjoyed it.  He is very practical and has great illustrations and it has really helped to keep me focused on building my marriage.

March:
Fit To Burst: Abundance, Mayhem, and the Joys of Motherhood by Rachael Jankovic -- her first book was so encouraging to me and as both of our families have grown since then I know she will have even more great advice and encouragement! I simply cannot wait to read it!

Sacred Marriage:  What if God Designed Marriage To Make Us Holy More Than To Make Us Happy by Gary Thomas -- I read parts of this one for a class in college and it was awesome.  I am really looking forward to watching the instructional video and discussing it with my awesome girls' group each week!

The Nourishing Traditions Book of Baby and Child Care by Sally Fallon -- Her other two books (THIS one and This one) totally rocked my world a few years ago and my eating/ lifestyle habits haven't been the same since.  I was really excited when she came out with this book, particularly because it has a complete section on dealing with health issues/ illnesses naturally.  It will be a great resource!

April (getting ready for the baby!)
Beautiful Babies: Nutrition for Fertility, Pregnancy, Breast-Feeding, and Baby's First Foods by Kristen Michaels -- This book is written by one of my favorite nutrition/real-food bloggers and I am really curious as to how she agrees/ disagrees by my other favorite baby nutrition book and what new info she will bring to the table.  (Yes, I am a nutrition nerd :)  Also, if you pre-order it now, she is giving a free enrollment in her online class (of the same topic) which is a $199.00 value!  Pretty cool.

Redeeming Childbirth: Experiencing His Presence in Pregnancy, Labor, Childbirth, and Beyond by Angie Tolplin -- I've heard good things about this book and am eager to read it.

Baby Catcher: Chronicles of a Modern Midwife by Peggy Vincent -- I can't wait to hear these stories and get excited about welcoming my new little one into the world!

May:
Ina May's Guide to Childbirth -- This is my crunchy book that I have to read in the weeks before my due date to get me ready to make it through childbirth naturally.  Totally helps to make me feel like I can do it :)



No comments: