Saturday, January 19, 2013

We made it! (With a lot of help!)

Just wanted to let you know that we are finally *settled* in our new home!  I use the word *settled* quite loosely because we still have tons of boxes to unpack and Mark has to make one more trip back to our old house to get what wouldn't fit the first trip, but we have been living in our new house for a week now and it is finally starting to feel like home.  

The girls absolutely love it because it has much more room and a downstairs playroom (whenever we unpack all their toys) and hardwood floors that are perfect for their baby strollers and grocery carts.  And Abbi thinks it is great fun to run up and down the  hallway or make the loop in a circle around the kitchen, dining room, living room over and over and over, laughing and squealing and shouting, "look at me!"  I love it because I can put the big girls downstairs at naptime so they don't wake Abbi if they get too rowdy.  Mark loves it because we can keep most of the toys in their rooms or downstairs so he doesn't trip on things in the living room.  Our dog hasn't figured out yet that she can jump the fence so she currently has the freedom to run around in the backyard without being chained up and she has a doggie friend to run up and down the yard with on the other side of the fence so she is happy.  And we LOVE our new neighbors!  Our old neighborhood was slightly out in the country so the houses were not too close and there was only one older boy the girls could play with but he was hardly ever at home and not the best role model anyways.  But our new next door neighbors have 4 children, one of them being a 4 year old girl that we just know is going to be our best friend.  The day we moved into our new house, Mark got there a good bit earlier than expected so none of our help was there yet.  But our new neighbors came out and helped Mark alone for the first half hour and then continued to  help unload all afternoon!  They are a homeschooling family much like ourselves and we have much in common.  Needless to say, we can't wait for the weather to clear up so we can play in the yards together!

It is such a relief to finally be here!  We have had an unbelievably crazy week with not knowing where everything is located (trying to find the necessities without having time to open all the boxes), the surprising demise of my phone (horrible timing to be without a phone), our first day of our new Classical Conversations co-op (we love it!), trying to drive in an unfamiliar place (we are living much further north than before and I have made wrong turns quite often in the unfortunate minutes of pre-naptime breakdowns), the opening of Mark's new business (long, busy work hours), Karlie's birthday (trying to make it special without much time to plan), my grandmother's death (so incredibly thankful that I was in town and got to see her before she died!!), and a crazy snow (my parents were stuck on the interstate for over 4 hours late Thursday night!).  We didn't have internet at the house for the past week, but I will try to go through my pictures and post them soon.

Before I go, I just want to say thank you to all the wonderful people who packed up my stuff.  We had horrible sickness the week before our move and I was unable to do much packing at all, due to needing to hold moaning children and we finally decided to just go ahead and let me take the girls to VA so Mark and his parents and our friends could focus on packing.  It was a crazy plan, but necessary because all we were doing was making messes rather than packing and I apologize greatly for the state of my house at my leave.  But everyone pitched in and somehow my stuff arrived in VA and I cannot tell you how grateful I am for all the help.  My girls are happy and well once again and we are ever so happy to be here! Thanks so much for all those who helped make this move happen!  We could not have done it without you!

No comments: