Thursday, October 11, 2012

You know you're in the first trimester when...

... you can't even glance at Pinterest without feeling sick...

... your sweet husband offers to go to the grocery store for you but you can't even make him a list because trying to think of food that you need makes you feel sick...

... your 3-year old has taken to regularly saying, "but Mom, I feel icky and I need to eat RIGHT NOW or I will be really sick!"

...you used to fuss at your husband for flipping channels during commercials but now you beg him to flip so you won't see the food commercials...

...you have no idea what to wear because you have no baby bump yet, you've actually lost weight, and maternity pants just fall right off, but somehow the buttons on your normal pants are just really uncomfortable...

... your fridge is absolutely bursting with leftovers because you can't bear to think of them, let alone serve them or eat them or clean them out of the fridge...

... you use up your last ounce of energy to make a decent meal but then have to hide in the bedroom while the family eats it without you (even though you were excited about the thought of it originally).

... the dog is gaining weight because you used to eat everything the kids left on their plates but now you give the plates to the dog...

*Disclaimer:  I am really not complaining and I cherish this time as much as I can because I am so thrilled about the baby growing inside my sick belly :)  I just thought I would share some of the ironies I have noticed of late...

No comments: