Friday, October 19, 2012

8 years! In sickness and in health...

We recently celebrated our 8th anniversary.  And this year, all I can say is I'm thankful.  So thankful.  I've written several posts about why I love my guy.  But right now I cannot describe how thankful I am for his servant's heart.

I haven't been much of a wife since morning sickness hit.  Not much cleaning going on and definitely not much cooking.  Mainly just a lot of crashing on the couch once he gets home from work.   And then going to bed early.   And what does he do while I lay on the couch?  The dishes.  I'm not joking. I am ashamed to admit that I have not done a single dish since morning sickness hit.  I've been completely worthless and he has been absolutely amazing.  We would not get to Classical Conversations early each Friday morning without his help.  He fixes the girls' lunches and even brushes their hair while I mosey along trying to get myself together without getting sick.  He brings me something to eat in bed every morning and then fixes a great breakfast for the girls (usually eggs + bacon, sausage, or apples).  I could go on and on.

When I said my vows and promised to love my husband in sickness and in health, I never expected him to have to do everything for me for 8 long weeks!  And I'm sure he didn't either.  Most sicknesses are temporary and I think the most I've had to do for him was to work to try to keep him in bed for a few days when he had the flu. But he has accepted the challenge without a complaint and taken care of me and our family each time morning sickness has incapacitated me.   I am so thankful.

I might not have felt well enough to make a big deal out of this 8th anniversary (ex. the steak I bought to cook a special dinner for Mark is still in the freezer because I just haven't been up to the challenge), but in 8 years of marriage, I have never been so grateful for my wonderful husband!


No comments: