Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Abbi Grace at 19 months!

 19 months is such a fun age!!!!  This girl has started jibber-jabbering all the time and tells the funniest nonsense monologues!  It just makes my day to listen to her!  And she definitely wants an audience, let me tell you.... if I am not paying attention to her story, she will yell, "MOMMA!!!" over and over and pull at my shirt until I look at her and tell her I am listening and then she will just smile sweetly and proceed with quite a story that I really wish I could understand.  So entertaining but we definitely need to work on patience!  Her "real" words have also taken off and it is fun to hear her pick up new ones everyday.  She will repeat just about anything you say and just grin so big because she loves to be able to talk.  I just love this stage!

The poor girl got gypped with the sign language stage because with 3 little ones running around, I just couldn't remember to teach them to her.  So Abbi decided to make up her own most important ones.  If she looks like she has a crooked neck and has her hand between her neck and shoulder, that is because she desperately wants her beloved softy blanket.  And if she looks like she is devouring her fingers, that just means that she is thirsty and wants her sippy.  Poor thing.  But very cute.  I'm just hoping the softy request doesn't mess up her posture too much.  Good thing I love my chiropractor!

Between giving up the paci and two big traveling trips that messed up her naps, Abbi gave us quite the fit with her sleeping the past month.  But she is back on track now and even decided to keep that morning nap!!!  Wooohooo!  I cannot tell you how much easier it is to do school with the big girls than when she is awake.  And I am not planning to take any more trips for quite a while.  The girls and I are loving a great routine and I have no desire to mess it up anytime soon!

Abbi seems like such a big girl now rather than a baby and of course she definitely thinks that she is! She tries to do every stunt that Karis and Karlie show her and even wants to help walk the dog (who could pull her down in a moment if she bolted).  She is quite stubborn and we are having to buckle down with discipline this month.  She doesn't care as much if I discipline her but is highly offended if it is her precious Daddy!  She is still very obsessed with her Daddy and yells his name all day long.  But she knows that he is at work and just grins at me when I ask her where he is so I guess she just likes to talk about him loudly. 

Abbi talking from Meagan DeLong on Vimeo.

She is super affectionate and loves to give hugs and kisses.   as long as she gets her naps, she is the happiest little thing you will ever meet.  She walks around singing and dancing just like her big sisters.  I love it!  And boy do we all adore sweet Abbi Grace!


4 comments:

Sydney said...

Ok....are you pregnant???????

Jana Smoot said...

Wait, are you pregnant?

Meg said...

The shirt doesn't lie... :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Meagan!

The naffs