Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Abbi Grace at 5 months

This smiley baby is getting so big! She wants to "stand" all the time and even tries to sit up on her own for a couple of seconds before doing a faceplate, laughing all the while. She is so chunky, though, that I think it will be some time before she can balance that weight to sit properly on her own :)

Abbi Grace is quite social and thoroughly enjoys it when people come over and talk to her. She gives huge grins to random strangers and is quite the ham. She seems to think the world is hilarious, especially her sisters. If they pay her the least bit of attention, she just giggles at them. She laughs hysterically if they dance in front of her or make silly noises (as if they needed any more reason to be silly! :)

Abbi loves to talk and squeal. She especially loves to talk when I give her the paci at naptime. I think it just makes her so happy. She will just chatter away for several minutes after I lay her down, all the while keeping her paci in her mouth. It is so cute :)
Abbi is still a pretty good traveler, but those hands that love to grab have made things a little more difficult in the car because she is always grabbing her paci out of her mouth as she tries to fall asleep.

I left Abbi for the first time ever with Nina last week when we went to the lake and just came back every 3 hours to feed her. It was hard on me, but Abbi did great for her Nina and was very happy! But for the next 2 days she was very clingy and didn't want me to leave the room. (Which is unusual for her; usually I can plop her down on a blanket beside her sisters and she is content to watch them.) So I could tell that she missed me. Thankfully, I have no more plans to leave her any time soon!

Abbi is still just nursing and eating a tiny bit of cod liver oil every day. After she is 6 months, I will start to let her have just a few foods, like home-made yogurt, chicken stock, and soft-boiled egg yolks, but I'm not in a hurry. She's plenty chunky without table food and I'm thankful for this easy stage where I don't have to do any prep-work for her meals :)

Abbi is at the awkward stage where she needs to cut down to just a morning and afternoon nap but just can't quite make it... I usually just put her down whenever she seems tired, but I've just started trying to get her used to a 2 hour 9:00 and 1:00 nap and a shorter 4:30 nap because she just can't make it to bedtime (6:30) without that extra little 4:30 nap thrown in yet.

On a normal night, Abbi only wakes up once to eat, which has been so nice! She usually gets up right around 8:00. Traveling kind of threw her and she was waking up more often, but she is back on track now (whew!)

Abbi's hair definitely has a slight red tint to it and I am curious to see whether it gets more red or more brown as it grows out.

We finally remembered to get the exersaucer down from the attic and Abbi just loves it!!! She excitedly squeals and bounces and chews and watches us make things in the kitchen. It has been a lifesaver because she was really just too big for the bouncy seat anymore!

I'm so thankful for this sweet baby and can't believe she is already 5 months old!

No comments: