Friday, June 24, 2011

Cloth diaper update


When I first started cloth diapers almost 4 years ago, I was totally enamored with the Bum Genius One Size diapers. I thought it was awesome that you could buy 1 diaper and it would fit the baby through the extent of her diapering days. I still think it is a great idea, but the original Bum Genius diapers used velcro and by my second baby, the velcro had lost its stickiness. Ugh! However, you can buy the newer version with snaps (Yay!) and I'm sure they are wonderful and last much longer.

But right before Abbi was born, I found a great deal on Groupon for Fuzzibunz Perfect Size diapers and I have have to say they are my new favorite diaper! So soft and easy to use! I got a bunch of smalls because they fit up to 18 pounds and my other babies stayed under 18 pounds till almost a year. But Abbi is a bit more of a chunk so I might end up buying some mediums before long :) I'm hoping for another 50% off sale before then, though!

Anyways, I don't get any compensation for blogging about the diapers but I just thought I should give an update for those who might be thinking about getting some :)

4 comments:

frank and kristin said...

Great to know! Thanks! We used Thirsties one size for Haley until she turned 9 months and then started using Rumparooz one size after that. The Rumparooz are snaps which are great, but I'm having issues with leaking now that she is pee peeing more as a toddler. I think I may have to buy some doublers, but I'm afraid that none of her pants will fit her if I do that! I hear that Fuzzibunz are nice and trim. Any recommendations on a trim diaper with great leakage protection for pee peeing toddlers? :)

Meg said...

The Bum Genius worked great with my 1st toddler in that stage and it was nice and trim, but I haven't tried anything else that I loved with a toddler. I tried the Cotton Babies Flip diapers with Karlie and they worked fine, but were bulky and not my favorite. I think the perfect fit Fuzzibunz would probably work well, but I haven't actually used them with a toddler yet. But my sis-in-law really likes them for her toddlers!

frank and kristin said...

Great! I may have to give them a try. Thanks. :)

Jessica said...

That is GREAT! I'm glad that you are with good diapers. My BGs are STRUGGLIN'. But I'm determined to make them last until Judah is potty trained. The velcro is in really really bad shape. I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed that they'll just last one more year. I just can't justify buying new ones for just a year.