Monday, June 13, 2011

Church at the beach!


Every summer, our church family spends a Sunday together at the beach. It is wonderful. We fellowship in the sand and sun together and then go out to eat together for dinner. We especially appreciated it this year because it doesn't look like we are going to be able to go on a family beach trip with the grandparents. And attempting a beach trip with 3 littles and no help is just not going to happen. (We did it last year with only 2 little ones and although we made wonderful memories, Mark and I were utterly exhausted and decided not to do it again without help!)
But our church family is awesome. They know we have our hands full and totally take care of us. They carried our junk, fed our girls, played with them, and really let us relax and enjoy the time together. We couldn't have done it without them!
Not only do they help us, but the impact they have on our girls is priceless. Our girls feel so special and loved by our church family.



And let me tell you, the girls had a blast!


They pretty much couldn't stop smiling all day long.
Abbi was a sweetheart and didn't fuss a bit :)
















1 comment:

(Kerri) said...

Meg,
Wow, it's been a while since I've visited your blog! A big hearty congratulations on Abbi!! What a wonderful birth story.

It looks like you all had a wonderful time at the beach.

I was reading with great wonder about your natural healing articles. We were very, very fortunate to have missed the yuckiness that was going around this winter....a big huge prayer request as Aubrey was born Jan. 5th. I really could not imagine everyone with the flu and a newborn. So we escaped the winter yuckies, BUT are now all sick, and have been for the past month. Not to mention poor Moira who had appendicitis, an abscess and now a broken wrist. Oy. Anyways, we are desperately needing to get back into eating more naturally. Veered off the path a bit (not a lot, but every bit makes a dent). We are hoping to go on the GAPS intro diet next month. I am praying that it will help with various things we have been having to deal with.

Sorry that was all so long. I did have a question though...I seem to manage to either kill off my good bacterias, or neglect them (due to a new baby, or when we are all very sick). I managed to keep my water kefir going, and 'inherited' some more milk kefir grains. I read that you guys drink kombucha and was wondering if you had an extra scoby to spare? I know of a great lady locally who sells kefir and kombucha and different yogurt strains, but I'm trying to pinch pennies knowing I will need all I can get to go on GAPS.

Many blessings to your beautiful family.

Kerri

Oh, you can email me at:
kjpechin at yahoo dot com