Monday, January 3, 2011

A Rambling update and gingerbread house making

Just a quick note to let you know that we are all doing well.... I feel like it's been a while since I actually wrote anything :) We had such a great Christmas break with family and were so incredibly blessed. We had exciting times as my parents' power went out (including heat!) so we were pretty cold for a day there. Then we came home and our heat didn't work! We woke up on Tuesday morning to a 52 degree house and it didn't get much warmer throughout the day.... I was wearing 3 shirts, a sweater and a sweatshirt! Thankfully, several people in our church recommended the same guy to replace our blower and by the afternoon we got to take off our layers :) Our blower had stopped working several times over the summer (and we had paid for someone to look at it then with no luck) so we are thankful all this happened and that we found an honest worker who knew what to do.

Anyways, we've been busy getting the house re-organized to get ready for the baby (and putting away all the girls' old toys in the attic so they can better enjoy their new ones :). It is amazing how much work it takes to get over Christmas! Lots of laundry and packing up the decorations. But it is worth it to have wonderful traditions for the girls to enjoy every year :)

My folks came down this weekend to celebrate the New Year and my sis-in-law's birthday, so that made for quite a fun weekend. Mark and I were able to go out on a date to bring in the New Year! That was exciting because once this baby comes, I won't be going anywhere without her for quite a while! We ate a delicious dinner at PF Changs and planned on doing some returns and shopping afterwards, but were amazed that all the stores in the mall closed at 7pm for New Year's Eve! There was seriously nothing open! But we still had a nice evening.

Tomorrow I have my OB appointment and have my Group B Strep test. I am really, really hoping it comes back negative because I don't want to do the antibiotics this time around. And I know they will think I'm crazy if I tell them all the natural remedies I am going to do instead of antibiotics. So it would be ever so nice to not even have to deal with it!

Hope your week is going well. Like I mentioned before, I am going to keep on throwing out Christmas pictures in between normal posts because I have so many fun pictures I want to remember :) Here are a few from the girls' gingerbread house... we had an interesting time making it because we neglected to read the directions that said to put it together and let it dry for over an hour before finishing decorating. I'm sure you understand that once the girls were around the table and super excited about starting to decorate, there was no waiting an hour! So Nina pulled out her hot glue gun and glued the house together in a hurry so they could go ahead and have their fun :)


These girls were SERIOUS about getting that candy on! It was so funny to watch them!

No comments: