Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Random pics and Karlie at naptime...

These are completely random pictures that we have taken over the last week...

...And if it is a picture of Karis, please take note and enjoy her exciting clothing choices :) For instance, in this picture, she has on her favorite Christmas outfit, but she ditched the pretty pants that match and went with her fuzzy puppy 80's style britches :)
Karlie trying on a hat that matches one of Karis' other outfits -- Karlie wears several different hats all day long!
But she loves her Santa hat the best!
Speaking of random, Mark just had to take a picture of my last baking pumpkin that caught scissors falling off the table...
Now this is a fabulous holiday outfit if I ever saw one!
And I'm sure you are just waiting with abated breath for me to tell you about Karlie at naptime...

Remember how we put the girls in the same room last October and they did ever so well? Karis has always been easy with transitions -- she never once dreamed of getting out of her bed when we transitioned from the crib and she still won't!

Karlie did great at first, for almost a month, but I have to be honest and let you know that she has been wearing out my patience ever since the newness of the toddler bed wore off. She has no qualms about getting out of her bed and climbing into Karis' bed for a massive hilarious tickling session! And she loves to play with her stuffed animals and squeal and laugh for at least an hour or more every day before settling down for a nap. She usually does eventually crash for a good nap (thankfully!) but not until she has had at least one good round of discipline (and usually more!). And she will always grin that adorable smile at me like "how could having this much fun be wrong, Mama?" And so, every day we talk through what it means to obey Mama at naptime (lay head down, eyes closed, mouth closed!) at least 5 different times. I'm praying this is a stage that she will get over before the new baby comes because I'm pretty sure I'm not going to have the energy to get up and discipline her so many times during my one chance to rest during the day! But I have learned that self-control and obedience seems to ebb and flow in cycles and stages so I am optimistic that if we keep steady with the discipline, she will eventually learn to stay in bed! Until then, I have to laugh at the funny things she comes up with to make naptime interesting :)

No comments: